Host Your Own Event
Get involved by hosting your own fundraising event.
The 100,000 Canadians who serve in our Armed Forces have a diverse range of experiences and expertise, but they share a common commitment to protecting and defending our country, both at home and abroad.
They’ve had our backs – now it’s time we had theirs. Whether they are facing healthcare challenges, their families need support, or they are seeking to transition to civilian life, it’s our responsibility to make sure their needs are met. By accepting that responsibility and giving generously, Canadians can find their own ways to serve. We are a stronger, more inclusive country when Canadians give back to those who have given everything.
Community events can take place any time throughout the year! No matter the season, people want to help support Canada’s military community. Seasonal events, such as holiday parties or summer BBQs, can be extremely successful so consider when you want to host your event.
Some other ideas to consider: a bake sale, lemonade stand, garage sale. car wash, host a tournament (golf, dodgeball, curling or board games) or consider a virtual movie night, a trivia nigh or a scavenger hunt! Any event can be turned into a fundraising event if you invite friends, family and co-workers to donate.
True Patriot Love is happy to help support your event. We are able to provide the following:
- A dedicated fundraising page for you to accept donations and to issue tax receipts to your donors. Create yours today!
- Offline fundraising tools like donation and pledge forms (if needed)
- A True Patriot Love staff or volunteer representative to speak at your event, if applicable.
- Promotional materials to help support your event such as postcards, videos and our logo
- Promotion of your event through our social media channels
- Tax receipts for eligible gifts – see our tax receipt guidelines
- A letter of acknowledgment/endorsement letter for approved events that will help you solicit donors and sponsors
- Post-event support including thank you letters, financial support and post-event recognition
True Patriot Love looks forward to helping support your event but we are unable to provide the following:
- Donate or purchase items for you to sell
- Provide event planning support, though we are happy to introduce you to local vendors if needed
- Applications for gaming and liquor licenses
- Provide our donor, sponsorship or volunteer lists
- Reimbursement for expenses related to your events
- Assistance with ticket sales or securing sponsorships
- Insurance coverage for your event
- Issue tax receipts other than as specified by Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
Please note that if you request tax receipts, we require you to fill out the Event Summary Form a minimum of 30 days prior to the day the event takes place. After approval, you can use our Tax Receipt Log to keep track of your donations.