Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Host Your Own

Get involved by hosting your own fundraising event.

Frequently Asked Questions 


Can I offer tax receipts for my event?

True Patriot Love is committed to following all rules and regulations regarding tax receipting set out by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). This is also important to protecting our charitable status. It is very important that you understand the rules about tax receipts before you plan your event. Please read our tax receipt guidelines.

I purchased an item through a silent auction at an event. Do I receive a tax receipt?

Purchases of live or silent auction items, raffle tickets, event admission tickets or green fees are not eligible for tax receipts. True Patriot Love can issue tax receipts only to individuals or organizations that make a donation without receiving any product or tangible item in return.

I was able to get a friend to design a website for my event for free and get free servers. Do they receive tax receipts?

Tax receipts cannot be issued for the costs of a donated service. This includes but is not limited to special services that necessitate hiring someone/thing for an event (e.g. tent set-up, website creation, graphic design or entertainment). We can however issue a thank you letter to acknowledge the donated service.

How do I get tax receipts for my sponsors?

Sponsorships are not eligible for charitable tax receipts, as the sponsor receives advertising, marketing or promotional value and therefore the payment is not a gift. Instead, sponsors can receive a business acknowledgment letter for the value of their sponsorship which can be used to support business expenses.

I have art I would like to donate. Do I get a tax receipt?

Gifts of artwork, wine, collectibles, or items of a unique nature must be accompanied by a recent independent appraisal, regardless of value. Gifts of art donated by artists and art dealers are seen as disposition from their inventory and therefore are not eligible for tax receipts.


Can you help me find sponsors for my event?

True Patriot Love is happy to help you think of appropriate sponsors for your event, but we cannot approach corporations or individuals on your behalf.

Can you help me get media for my event? Can you send out a press release for me?

Unfortunately, True Patriot Love Foundation cannot promote or generate publicity for your event. We can provide an endorsement letter that validates the authenticity of your event and that indicates that its proceeds are designated for True Patriot Love.

Can you pay my event expenses or forward me money to pay expenses?

True Patriot Love Foundation cannot make any payments or provide any funds to cover your event.

I would like to run a raffle at my event. Do I need a license?

Legally, all raffles must be registered with your local municipality. There is a processing time of approximately 8-10 weeks to receive a raffle license and your prize cannot change afterwards. True Patriot Love Foundation will not apply for a raffle license on your behalf.

Gaming and lotteries including bingos, 50/50 draws, gambling, raffles or games of chance often have special considerations that require permits. Please visit your provincial lottery and gaming organization for more information.

We recommend that instead, you hold a Promotional Draw. You can run a draw without acquiring a license, but you must offer the tickets for free, asking instead for a donation for the ticket.

True Patriot Love will not endorse/support or accept donations from events that are not able to be licensed, specifically, gaming events such as poker.