The Captain Nichola Goddard Fund
The Captain Nichola Goddard Fund provides national funding to directly benefit community programs that support servicewomen, female Veterans, and their families, which help address the unique challenges related to military life.
Captain Nichola Goddard was killed at age 26 during an ambush west of Kandahar city on May 17, 2006. While she will always be remembered as the first female Canadian soldier to die in a combat role, she has also become a symbol of the leadership, strength and courage of Canada. To make a donation to the Captain Nichola Goddard Fund, click here.
The application window is now CLOSED.
Cycle 1: CLOSED
- 2019 TPL Captain Nichola Goddard Fund opens: March 18, 2019
- 2019 TPL Captain Nichola Goddard Fund closes: April 18, 2019
Cycle 2: CLOSED
- 2019 TPL Captain Nichola Goddard Fund opens: early September, 2019
- 2019 TPL Captain Nichola Goddard Fund closes: early November, 2019
This fund will provide essential programs for servicewomen, female Veterans and their families, to help address the unique challenges related to military life. Please see below for eligibility criteria.
$5,000 – $25,000
- Canadian registered charity.
- Focus Areas, in order of priority:
- Programs that have been identified as high priority need for service women, female Veterans and their families.
- Programs that support women in the military and women transitioning out of the military.
- Programs that support military families struggling with the challenges of a military lifestyle.
- Preference will be given to community based programs able to demonstrate an evidence-based or evidence-informed program delivery.
- Collaboration with established civilian or military organizations able to provide expertise is encouraged.
- Applications must be received during the application window.
- NOTE: This is a national fund. Special consideration will be given to the regions of Northern Canada and the Atlantic provinces where Nichola Goddard was raised.
- Any program or service that is already offered or fully funded by the Canadian government. To find out what governmental services, programs and funding you may be eligible for, please read the relevant sections on:
- Programs that do not directly impact Canadian serving members, Veterans and/or military families
- Politically-affiliated programs, organizations or lobbyists
- Religious organizations
- Individuals or individual families
- Multimedia and art productions including films (documentary and feature), music and plays
- Individual researchers
- Staff salaries
In addition to the eligibility criteria noted above, preference will be given to projects that address and provide details on the requirements below.
- The Captain Nichola Goddard Fund supports programming for servicewomen, female Veterans and their families
- Projects should leverage, expand or replicate proven programs and services already being offered by recognized organizations
- Only one project can be submitted per organization
- Secured funding from other sources for the project is an asset
- Applications should be evidence-based and must have clear objectives, a measurement plan, and specifically address project sustainability post funding
- Specify the number or increased number of individuals helped through the project
- Expected number of beneficiaries/participants served and supported by the project
- Detailed budget and supporting financial documents are provided and allow for a clear financial assessment
- Include previous funding application status and other formal funding partnerships
- Identify the exact budget expense to be supported by the Captain Nichola Goddard Fund
- Demonstrated organizational capacity to execute the project
- Strategy for continued funding after disbursed funds have been used
- Ability to communicate and promote the mental health program after a grant has been disbursed
- Measurement of success of the program including potential impact of funding
Terms of Grant
The Captain Nichola Goddard Fund provides annual funding. The grant cycle will open twice a year – once in the Spring and again in the Autumn.
The Captain Nichola Goddard Fund may provide a grant amount for less than that requested; when this happens, the grantee must submit a revised budget within the amount approved.
An interim impact report and/or final impact report are mandatory for the Captain Nichola Goddard Fund.
For any additional inquiries, please contact email@example.com