True Patriot Love Local Community Fund
The unique circumstances of military service including frequent deployments, multiple moves and acceptance of risk can have an impact on military and Veteran families and well-being. The impact of service is long lasting and can be felt within military families even after a serving member retires. The Local Community Fund has replaced the Family and Veteran Transition Fund and the Family and Children Fund.
Through our work, we have deep knowledge of the impact of service and through the Local Community Fund, we provide grants ($5,000-$50,000) to enhance service/program delivery, capacity building and systems change that directly support and enhance the lives of serving members, Veterans and their families. This includes camps for children from military and Veteran families.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com
Applications will be opening in Fall 2021.
All organizations and programs supported by this funding are required to have appropriate and relevant safeguarding processes, plus background and reference checks on staff and volunteers in place to ensure the safety and security of all participants.
- Canadian Registered Charities can submit a Letter of Intent or Application for funding consideration
- Includes Send-A-Kid-to-Camp Program
- Programs supporting Veteran transition and employment
- Programs supporting wellbeing
- Consideration provided to service/program delivery, capacity building and systems change
- Grant range is $5000 – $50,000
- The True Patriot Love Local Community Fund supports projects that improve delivery of and access to programming for military families, children and youth
- Programs supporting wellbeing, including mental health, transition and employment
- All funding mechanisms support serving women, women Veterans, Indigenous Veterans and their families
- Projects should leverage, expand or replicate proven programs and services already being offered by Military Family Resource Centres (MFRCs) or other organizations that provide support to military families, children and youth
- Having secured funding from other sources for the project is an asset
- Applications should be evidence-based and must have clear objectives, a measurement plan and specifically address project sustainability post funding
- Specify the number or increased number of individuals helped through the project
- Expected number of beneficiaries/participants/individuals served and supported by the project
- Geographic scope
- Budget and supporting financial documents are provided and allow for a clear financial assessment
- Previous funding application status and other formal funding partnerships
- Resource Assessment (Environment, Human, Industry)
- Strategy for continued funding after disbursed funds have been used
- Ability to communicate and promote the fund before, during and after the application process
- Measurement of success of the program including potential impact of funding