Granting and Programs
We are a catalyst for collaboration and impact. We welcome funding requests from Canadian registered charities that are working to support Serving Members of the Canadian Armed Forces, Veterans and their families.
True Patriot Love provides the opportunity for Canadian registered charities to apply for funding of programs that are aligned with the foundation’s mandate.
The foundation raises awareness around the challenges related to military service and funds programs for serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces, Veterans and their families that support their well-being, enable rehabilitation and recovery from injury through the creative arts and sports, assist the children and spouses of those who serve, and promote re-integration into communities following service. We recognize and respect that overlap may exist among these initiatives, and our analysis and review process takes this into consideration.
Our Grants & Programs
True Patriot Love Local Community Fund
Providing funding for programs and services that support military families, children and youth in all regions of Canada.
Applications opening soon.
True Patriot Love Veteran Network
True Patriot Love is currently working on creating a national virtual Veteran Network. Add your contact info to the waitlist to be notified when the network has launched in your area.LEARN MORE
The Captain Nichola Goddard Fund
Providing funding for programs and services that support servicewomen, female Veterans and their families across Canada with priority given to Atlantic and Northern Canada.
Applications opening soon.LEARN MORE
Bell True Patriot Love Fund
Providing funding for programs and services that support mental health programs for military families, Veterans, and serving members.
Applications are open now until August 13, 2021
True Patriot Love may accept grant applications for larger funding requests on a rolling basis. This process allows for the team to learn about new and promising initiatives across the country in real time and to directly support top priority concerns in a timely and effective manner.
Please complete and submit the general application form to allow for an accurate assessment of feasibility and need. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications are reviewed in consultation with appropriate Fund Partners, the Disbursement Advisory Committee, and the True Patriot Love Board of Directors. Approval by the Board is required for grant disbursement. The Board meets once every financial quarter and reserves the right to accept, decline or amend recommendations.
The True Patriot Love Disbursement Advisory Committee is appointed to provide expertise and national representation for insight on areas of need and programming to benefit the Canadian military community. The Disbursement Advisory Committee is composed of representatives from the military, academia, government and the community.
Canadian registered charities are eligible for consideration. Successful grant recipients will submit strong applications with details on programming which will be of direct benefit to Canadian Armed Forces service members, Veterans and their families. A Canadian Revenue Agency number is required.
- Canadian Registered Charities can submit a Letter of Intent or Application for funding consideration
- Includes Send-A-Kid-to-Camp Program
- Consideration provided to service/program delivery, capacity building and systems change
- Grant range is $5000 – $50,000
Any program or service that is already offered or funded by the government (to find out what governmental services, programs and funding you may be eligible for, please visit Canadian National Defence or Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services, for regular and reservist members of the Canadian Forces, or Veterans Affairs Canada, for Veterans)
- Programs that do not directly impact Canadian serving members, Veterans and/or their families
- Politically-affiliated programs or organizations or lobbyists
- Religious organizations
- Individuals or individual families
- Individual researchers
- Attendance at events, including conferences
Grant applications which address and provide details on the requirements below will be given preference. The following general application evaluation criteria apply to all applications:
- Program: Alignment and assessment of proposed project with True Patriot Love Foundation’s strategic goals and within the mandate of sponsoring partners (if applicable).
- Demographic: Expected number of beneficiaries/participants and geographic area representation.
- Financial: Budget and supporting financial documents are provided and allow for a clear financial assessment, including previous funding application status and other formal funding partnerships information. All applications are to include an annual report.
- Sustainability: Resource Assessment (Environment, Human, Industry) and strategy for continued funding after disbursed funds have been used is required.
- Expected Outcomes: Ability to communicate and promote the fund before, during and after the application process. Measurement of success of the program including strong impact reporting.