Granting and Programs
We welcome funding requests from Canadian registered charities that are working to support Serving Members of the Canadian Armed Forces, Veterans and their families.
True Patriot Love Community Fund
True Patriot Love Veteran Hub
The Captain Nichola Goddard Fund
Military Creative Arts Fund
Bell True Patriot Love Fund
Invictus Games Vancouver Whistler
Presented by ATCO and Boeing
Click to learn more about the Ontario government's announcement of $1.2 million in support of Veterans' access to mental health services and career training post-service.
True Patriot Love may accept grant applications for larger funding requests on a rolling basis. This process allows for the team to learn about new and promising initiatives across the country in real time and to directly support top priority concerns in a timely and effective manner.
Applications are reviewed in consultation with appropriate Fund Partners, the Disbursement Advisory Committee, and the True Patriot Love Board of Directors. Approval by the Board is required for grant disbursement. The Board meets once every financial quarter and reserves the right to accept, decline or amend recommendations.
The True Patriot Love Disbursement Advisory Committee is appointed to provide expertise and national representation for insight on areas of need and programming to benefit the Canadian military community. The Disbursement Advisory Committee is composed of representatives from the military, academia, government and the community.
Canadian registered charities are eligible for consideration. Successful grant recipients will submit strong applications with details on programming which will be of direct benefit to Canadian Armed Forces service members, Veterans and their families. A Canadian Revenue Agency number is required.
- Canadian Registered Charities can submit a Letter of Intent or Application for funding consideration
- Includes Send-A-Kid-to-Camp Program
- Consideration provided to service/program delivery, capacity building and systems change
- Grant range is $5000 – $50,000
Any program or service that is already offered or funded by the government (to find out what governmental services, programs and funding you may be eligible for, please visit Canadian National Defence or Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services, for regular and reservist members of the Canadian Forces, or Veterans Affairs Canada, for Veterans)
- Programs that do not directly impact Canadian serving members, Veterans and/or their families
- Politically-affiliated programs or organizations or lobbyists
- Religious organizations
- Individuals or individual families
- Individual researchers
- Attendance at events, including conferences
Grant applications which address and provide details on the requirements below will be given preference. The following general application evaluation criteria apply to all applications:
- Program: Alignment and assessment of proposed project with True Patriot Love Foundation’s strategic goals and within the mandate of sponsoring partners (if applicable).
- Demographic: Expected number of beneficiaries/participants and geographic area representation.
- Financial: Budget and supporting financial documents are provided and allow for a clear financial assessment, including previous funding application status and other formal funding partnerships information. All applications are to include an annual report.
- Sustainability: Resource Assessment (Environment, Human, Industry) and strategy for continued funding after disbursed funds have been used is required.
- Expected Outcomes: Ability to communicate and promote the fund before, during and after the application process. Measurement of success of the program including strong impact reporting.