The True Patriot Love Disbursement Advisory Committee was formed to provide external advice to TPL’s Board of Directors. The committee is chaired by TPL board member, Bryn Weadon, Read-Admiral (Ret’d) and has representation from across the country from the business, research, government and military sectors.
Its mandate is as follows:
- To set an annual disbursement strategy on four key areas: mental health and well-being, physical health and rehabilitation, family health and supports, and research;
- To review applications made to TPL and make funding recommendations to the TPL Board of Directors, and;
- To set the longer-term funding priorities for the organization that recognize emerging needs and opportunities for significant impact.
The Advisory Committee Members are as follows:
- Rear-Admiral (Ret’d) Bryn Weadon, CMM, CD, FCPA, FCMA, P.Log – Chair
- Dr. Alice Aiken, PhD, MSc, BSc(PT), BScKin – Dean, Dalhousie University, Faculty of Health Professions
- BGen Nicolas (Nic) Eldaoud, Chief of Staff, Military Personnel Command, Canadian Armed Forces
- Col Rakesh Jetly OMM,CD,MD,FRCPC – Chief Military Psychiatrist
- Mr. Tim Laidler, CD, BA, MA – Afghanistan Veteran, Past Executive Director, Veterans Transition Network
- Ms. Faith McIntyre, Director General Policy and Research, Strategic Policy and Commemoration Branch, Veterans Affairs Canada
- Mr. M.Barry Rempel – CEO, Winnipeg Airports Authority; Honorary Colonel 1 Canadian Air Division, Royal Canadian Air Force
For more information about the Disbursement Advisory Committee, please contact:
Namita Joshi, Manager of Disbursements and Innovation