Bell Let’s Talk and True Patriot Love Foundation announce the 2015 Bell True Patriot Love Fund Grant Recipients
MONTRÉAL, January 25, 2016 – Bell Let’s Talk and the True Patriot Love Foundation today announced the 2015 Bell TruePatriot Love Fund grant recipients. Fifteen organizations providing mental health support to military families, serving members and Veterans across Canada are receiving grants totalling $250,000.
“Bell Let’s Talk is proud to support the incredible work being done by the latest recipients of the Bell True Patriot Love Fund. These organizations are making a real difference in the lives of Veterans, military members and their families, providing them with increased access to mental health programs in the communities where they live,” said Mary Deacon, Chair of Bell Let’s Talk.
Launched in 2013, the Bell True Patriot Love Fund is a $1-million program providing grants from $5,000 up to $25,000 to community mental health initiatives that support Canadian military families, Veterans and serving members. Since its launch, the Fund has provided 32 grants to programs delivered through Military Family Resource Centres (MFRCs) and other charities that work to improve access to mental health care in military communities across Canada.
“True Patriot Love is grateful for the continued support Bell Let’s Talk has provided in creating a long-term mechanism to enhance mental health care for the Canadian Armed Forces community,” said Bronwen Evans, CEO of True Patriot Love. “Together, we are committed to creating positive change and ending the stigma surrounding mental illness that impacts Canadians in and out of uniform.”
The 2015 Bell True Patriot Love Fund grant recipients are:
- Borden MFRC – Youth Mental Health Summit (ON)
- Calgary MFRC – Retreat for Military Couples with OSI/PTSD (AB)
- Equi-sens – Equine Assisted Therapy (QC)
- Greenwood MFRC – Mental Health Programming for Children and Youth (NS)
- Legacy Place Society – Short Term Housing for Military Families (AB)
- London MFRC – Supporting Young Adults with OSI (ON)
- Mainland BC MFRC – Empowering Resiliency Retreat (BC)
- PEI MFRC – Operation Building Bridges (PE)
- Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre Foundation – Recreation & Creative Arts Program (ON)
- Prince’s Operation Entrepreneur (POE) – Entrepreneurship Workshops for Transitioning Veterans (National)
- Anne’s Hospital – Yoga & Mindfulness Techniques for Veterans, Military Personnel and their Families (QC)
- Strongest Families Institute – Distance Coaching for Mental Health in Children (NS)
- Toronto MFRC – Mental Health Programming for the Military Family (ON)
- Veterans Transition Network (VTN) – Veterans Transition Programming (National)
- Winnipeg MFRC – ‘Friends for Life’ Youth Programming (MB)
- Winnipeg MFRC – Youth Leadership Development Program (MB)
Bell Let’s Talk Day is this Wednesday, January 27
Bell Let’s Talk Day is almost here! On January 27, for every text message, wireless and long distance call made by Bell customers, every tweet using #BellLetsTalk, and every Facebook share of the Bell Let’s Talk Day image at Facebook.com/BellLetsTalk, Bell will donate 5 cents to support Canadian mental health programs.
On the fifth Bell Let’s Talk Day in 2015, a record 122,150,772 calls, tweets, texts, calls and shares resulted in Bell committing a further $6,107,538.60 to programs supporting Canadian mental health.
Bell’s donations are made at no extra charge to Bell Let’s Talk Day participants, though normal long distance or text charges, if any, apply.
About Bell Let’s Talk
The Bell Let’s Talk initiative promotes Canadian mental health with national awareness and anti-stigma campaigns, like Clara’s Big Ride for Bell Let’s Talk and Bell Let’s Talk Day, and significant Bell funding of community care and access, research, and workplace initiatives. To learn more, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.
To learn more about the Bell Let’s Talk campaign, and to download the Bell Let’s Talk toolkit to help get the conversation started, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.
About True Patriot Love Foundation
True Patriot Love Foundation (TPL) is a national charity that honours the sacrifices of members of the Canadian Armed Forces, Veterans and their families in both times of peace and conflict. TPL funds unique programs and innovative research in the areas of family health and support, physical health and rehabilitation, mental health and well-being, and research and innovation. TPL is also committed to bridging the gap between military and civilian communities, hosting multinational symposiums and organizing ambitious global expeditions. Since 2009, True Patriot Love has committed more than $15.1 million to support military charities and research across Canada. For more information, visit www.truepatriotlove.com.
True Patriot Love Foundation
(647) 628 9241