TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund
When serving members retire, transitioning from military to civilian culture adds another layer of complexity which includes its own unique challenges. True Patriot Love recognizes that it is not only the serving member or Veteran who requires support during transition, but, rather, the entire family.
The TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund provides grants ($5,000-$50,000) to programs that support military families and Veterans experiencing transition from a military career to a civilian career and lifestyle.
The application window is now CLOSED.
Cycle 1: CLOSED
- 2019 TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund Opened: March 18, 2019
- 2019 TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund Closed: April 18, 2019
Cycle 2: CLOSED
- 2019 TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund opens: early September, 2019
- 2019 TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund closes: early November, 2019
- Canadian Registered Charity
- Programming in support of military families, including children and youth (e.g., spousal supports, couples counselling, camps, special needs, tutoring, wellness and other similar programming)
- Collaboration between organizations is encouraged – the proposed program must benefit the military community and at least one organization must be a Canadian registered charity
- Applications must be received during the application window.
- The TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund supports projects that recognize and improve the transition from military to civilian life and related supports and services for Canadian Armed Forces service members, their families and Veterans
- Projects should leverage, expand or replicate proven programs and services already being offered by organizations focused on transition-related concerns, MFRCs or other organizations that provide support to military members, families and veterans
- Having secured funding from other sources for the project is an asset
- Applications should be evidence-based and must have clear objectives, a measurement plan and specifically address project sustainability post funding
- Specify the number or increased number of individuals helped through the project
- Expected number of beneficiaries/participants/individuals served and supported by the project
- Geographic scope
- Budget and supporting financial documents are provided and allow for a clear financial assessment
- Previous funding application status and other formal funding partnerships
- Resource Assessment (Environment, Human, Industry)
- Strategy for continued funding after disbursed funds have been used
- Ability to communicate and promote the fund before, during and after the application process
- Measurement of success of the program including potential impact of funding