Canada’s military mission to Afghanistan represents the largest deployment of Canadian Armed Forces personnel since the Second World War. In total, over 40,000 members deployed to Afghanistan on at least one mission. The majority of those who served in Afghanistan have not yet retired from service – their needs, and those of their family, are as pressing as ever. Combining this with Canada’s continued role in training, peacekeeping and other international missions, families still experience the stress of frequent absences due to training and deployment; families are frequently relocated to new communities and children often fall behind in school due to differences in curriculum.
When serving members do retire, the challenges of transition from a military to civilian culture add another layer of complexity which offers its own unique circumstances. True Patriot Love recognizes that it is not only the serving member or Veteran who requires support during transition but, rather, the entire family.
The TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund will fund programs in support of military families and Veterans experiencing transition from a military career to a civilian career and lifestyle.
For our general application form, please click HERE.
- Canadian Registered Charity
- Programming in support of Veteran and military family transition (Examples include programming in support of military spouses, employment & transition supports for Veterans and other similar programming)
- Collaboration between organizations is encouraged – the proposed program must benefit the military community and at least one organization must be a Canadian registered charity.
- Funds may be directed to CIMVHR
- Applications for Cycle 1 must be received during the application window of Wed. Mar. 15, 2017 – Mon. Apr. 24, 2017, at 5pm EST
Cycle 1- OPEN
|2017 TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund Opens||Wed. Mar. 15, 2017|
|2017 TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund Closes||Mon. Apr.24, 2017|
Cycle 2- CLOSED
|2017 TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund Opens||August 2017|
|2017 TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund Closes||October 2017|
- The TPL Family & Veteran Transition Fund supports projects that recognize and improve the transition from military to civilian life and related supports and services for Canadian Armed Forces service members, their families and Veterans.
- Projects should leverage, expand or replicate proven programs and services already being offered by organizations focused on transition related concerns, MFRCs or other organizations who provide support to military members, families and veterans
- Having secured funding from other sources for the project is an asset
- Applications should be evidence- based and must have clear objectives, a measurement plan and specifically address project sustainability post funding
- Specify the number or increased number of individuals helped through the project
- Expected number of beneficiaries/participants/individuals served and supported by the project
- Geographic scope
- Budget and supporting financial documents are provided and allow for a clear financial assessment
- Previous funding application status and other formal funding partnerships
- Resource Assessment (Environment, Human, Industry)
- Strategy for continued funding after disbursed funds have been used
Ability to communicate and promote the Fund before, during and after the application process
- Measurement of success of the program including potential impact of funding
For more information, please contact:
Namita Joshi, Manager of Disbursements & Innovation
Phone: (416) 628 4972