Members of the Canadian Armed Forces dedicate their lives to the service of a nation at a sacrifice to their families. The smallest, youngest members of those families are asked to carry the burden of a nation on their shoulders. These military children are shining lights, boldly resilient and often times, wise beyond their years.
The military family has been a focus of True Patriot Love’s attention and efforts since inception. Frequent deployments and the absence of a father, mother, or sibling at milestone events are just the beginning of the unique challenges faced by those in a family that serves the nation. The impact of service is long lasting and can be felt within military families even after a serving member retires.
Frequent moves make it difficult for children of military families to form strong bonds and friendships. The uncertainty of what is occurring in the life of a serving member can add undue stress and anxiety to an already strained situation. It is a known fact that children thrive in stable environments with regular routines: cross country moves – from an urban city to a rural town; from an Anglophone region to a Francophone region; from one provincial school system to another … all adding further uncertainty to the life of a child. Through our work at True Patriot Love, we are aware of the unique needs of military families.
The TPL Family & Children Fund will fund programs in support of military families, children and youth in all regions of Canada.
For our general application form, please click HERE.
- Canadian Registered Charity.
- Programming in support of military families, including children and youth (Examples – spousal supports, couples counselling, camps, special needs, tutoring, wellness and other similar programming)
- Collaboration between organizations is encouraged – the proposed program must benefit the military community and at least one organization must be a Canadian registered charity.
- Funds may be directed to CIMVHR
- Applications for Cycle 1 must be received during the application window of Wed. Mar. 15, 2017 – Mon. Apr. 24, 2017, at 5pm EST
Cycle 1 OPEN
|2017 TPL Family & Children Fund Opens||Wed. Mar. 15, 2017|
|2017 TPL Family & Children Fund Closes||Mon. Apr.24, 2017|
Cycle 2 CLOSED
|2017 TPL Family & Children Fund Opens||August 2017|
|2017 TPL Family & Children Fund Closes||October 2017|
- The TPL Family & Children Fund supports projects that improve delivery of and access to programming for military families, children and youth
- Projects should leverage, expand or replicate proven programs and services already being offered by MFRCs or other organizations who provide support to military families, children and youth
- Having secured funding from other sources for the project is an asset
- Applications should be evidence- based and must have clear objectives, a measurement plan and specifically address project sustainability post funding
- Specify the number or increased number of individuals helped through the project
- Expected number of beneficiaries/participants/individuals served and supported by the project
- Geographic scope
- Budget and supporting financial documents are provided and allow for a clear financial assessment
- Previous funding application status and other formal funding partnerships
- Resource Assessment (Environment, Human, Industry)
- Strategy for continued funding after disbursed funds have been used
- Ability to communicate and promote the Fund before, during and after the application process
- Measurement of success of the program including potential impact of funding
For more information, please contact:
Namita Joshi, Manager of Disbursements & Innovation
Phone: (416) 628 4972